In Australia, the YMCA is made up of 24 member associations supporting over 741 communities in the areas of healthy living, empowering young people and social impact. The organisation has over 12,000 staff across the country and around 4,000 volunteers.
To reflect a recent rebrand, YMCA Australia needed to rebrand their website. With a national conference approaching, they were keen to have a new SharePoint site up in a tight timeframe of only five weeks. As Sope had already developed the YMCA extranet, YMCA Australia wanted to ensure that the two systems integrated well for maximum benefit.
How we helped
Responsive & on-brand website in a tight deadline
Sope recommended that the YMCA upgrade to SharePoint 2013 in order to achieve value-for-money and a long-term benefit. We then built a responsive SharePoint website, within a stylish and intuitive interface that showcases the new branding. We also provided cloud hosting on Amazon Cloud Solutions, with servers managed by Sope and reliable back-up built in. Our long-standing relationship with and understanding of YMCA meant we could deliver great results in a short space of time.
Store Once Publish Everywhere
The website makes use of the vast array of valuable content already published to the YMCA extranet system. Content is automatically published to the website by individual content owners, wherever they are across the organisation. For example, a manager fills in a form to post a job and once approved, it can be published to the extranet, intranet and newsletter simultaneously with a simple click. Or someone at a particular branch writes a news item and can again select where it is published to, including the external website. The branch locations database becomes the one source of truth, which can be accessed from any platform, including the “Find my Y” functionality on the main website (linked to Google maps) and branch locators on the intranet, extranet and individual branch websites. The web template can also be rolled out across any branch, within a short timeframe, including the full suite of functionality.
Hosted in the cloud for added accessibility
Hosting in the cloud provides a range of cost and administrative benefits, including the ability to update the website from anywhere and from any device. Sope provide cloud hosting services to a range of organisations, who want greater speed, security, flexibility and accessibility.
- Content owners and managers use the one SharePoint content management system for both their intranet and their revamped website
- The integration between the intranet and the websites means information is stored once and published everywhere
- Cloud hosting provides additional flexibility and cost benefits
- The newly-branded site has now been rolled out to a number of the associations around Australia
- A well-designed and flexible template means that new sites can be implemented quickly for individual branch locations, including small branches with a limited budget. Users get access to the same array of functionality without having to ‘start from scratch’