The Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust (MOPT) is a statutory authority in charge of managing the Melbourne and Olympic Parks Precinct in Melbourne. The precinct is around 40 hectares, and includes Rod Laver Arena, Hisense Arena, Olympic Park Stadium and Melbourne Park Function Centre. As well as hosting an extensive range of events such as the Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam, national and international rugby, football, rugby league, netball, basketball, as well as high profile music concerts and family shows, Melbourne & Olympic Parks is the administrative and training home to various sporting organisations and professional clubs.
How we helped
An accessible staff intranet that brings everyone together
An intranet has little value if your staff don’t use it. So we built ParkNet – a SharePoint intranet that is easily accessible by staff, no matter who they are or where they are based. We used the existing SharePoint technology to build a customised solution that is attractive, functional and easy-to-use.
Smarter systems for policies and procedures, staff onboarding and events management.
We worked with MOPT to streamline their policy and procedures process moving to a complete SharePoint approach with approvals and workflow automation. This makes updating policies and procedures easier, delivers one source of truth and ensures all staff can access accurate information.
Staff user profiles were enhanced, to better integrate with existing systems. All staff onboarding is streamlined through a SharePoint form and workflow. Once complete, other systems within the business can access this information, including payroll, IT, security and more. This removes double-handling and reduces admin time.
We integrated SharePoint with MOPTs event management system to provide a one stop shop for staff to see upcoming events and associated information and documentation.
- Bringing together a large and disparate workforce, via an easy-to-use and accessible intranet system
- Ensuring ‘one source of truth’ for policies, procedures and events
- A smoother onboarding workflow that avoids double-handling of information and ensures each step is completed prior to staff commencing
- Making it easier for staff at all levels to know what’s going on across a vast number of events
- Making better use of existing SharePoint systems by enhancing and leveraging existing functionality
- Attractive and easy-to-use interface that makes things easier.